Do you have questions?
Would you like me to speak to your group or organization? Want a lawn sign? Will you help my campaign or contribute to it?
I appreciate your participation and support.
I will try to respond to your requests and questions within 24 hours.
Scroll down for a link to donate to my campaign and how and when to vote.
I sincerely appreciate contributions of any size you can make towards my campaign. Please contact me for information on how to contribute by cheque, cash, or in-kind services. Here are some of the rules regarding campaign contributions:
- Any resident of Ontario can make a contribution to a municipal candidate’s campaign. Corporations, trade unions, groups, clubs, and associations cannot make contributions.
- An individual may contribute a maximum of $1,200 to a single candidate but may not contribute more than $5,000 in total to candidates running for offices on the same council or school board, or to third-party advertisers who are registered in the same municipality.
- The cost of a ticket to a candidate’s or third-party advertiser’s fundraiser counts as a contribution.
- Financial contributions must come directly from the contributor, and cannot be pooled with those from others. Contributions made from a joint account must identify which person is making the contribution.
- Contributions of $25 or less can be made in cash. Contributions above $25 must be made by cheque, money order, or by a method that clearly shows where the funds came from.
- Your name and address will be recorded in the candidate’s public financial statement if you contribute $100 or more.
- Contributions to municipal council and school board candidates, and third-party advertisers are not tax deductible.
- Candidates are not permitted to return unused contributions to contributors after the election. Any surplus at the end of the campaign must be turned over to the municipality.
Voting in Collingwood
Election day is Monday, Oct. 24, 2022 and polls close at 8 p.m. Voting will be available via the internet from Oct. 8, or via a paper ballot submitted at the Collingwood Public Library at 55 Ste. Marie Street, on the following days:
- Saturday October 8, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday October 12, 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday October 15, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday October 19, 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday October 22, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Voting Day: Monday October 24, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Access to electronic devices to cast your ballot via internet voting will also be available at the Collingwood Public Library on the dates and times provided for paper ballot voting. For full information, see the Town of Collingwood’s document on the municipal election.